Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Family Vacation

We have been having fun relaxing and enjoying some quality family time.
We visited the giant sequoias... and below some of the roaring rapids of Kings River. These little "walks" (wish I could call them hikes) have been just enough to wear the boys out each day. Below Ben has a flashlight for the "dark of woods" as he calls it. This has been the boys big thing this week- visiting the "dark of woods". Evidently, shadows quantify as "dark". Good thing Ben had his flashlight.The only bummer is Ben has been sick (running a pretty high temperature)- but just like Sam last week, no other symptoms. He has been getting plenty of sleep and is doing a little better today.
We are staying at my sister and brother-in-law's (they are still in SD). Aren't their new floors and rug gorgeous? I need to do a whole post on their great house later.

2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Poor Ben! Colson just woke up and he was HOT. What is going on with these boys? I'm glad that Ben's doing a little better. It looks like a fun vacation!

Elizabeth {the Path Less Traveled} said...

Oooooo! I love the rug! (but feel terrible for Ben ...) Do you know where they got it? The house John and I are looking at has hardwood floors, so area rugs are catching my eye.