Wednesday, May 28, 2008

IKEA finds...

For my birthday Eric took me shopping to Palo Alto. We hit IKEA with our "economic stimulus" cash to look for some of the big items that we need for our summer bedroom projects (AKA getting ready for baby #3).

This white slip covered chair is going in the boys room. We really wanted a comfy place to read stories- and this will be it! And at $29 for the slip cover- I can bleach it and even replace it if needed. We found this dresser in the "damaged" furniture area marked down an addition $50. Best of all it was already assembled! It is in perfect condition and it seems surprisingly solid (not to mention heavy). Plenty of room for all those girl clothes plus a changing pad and lamp. I picked up a couple of these large, fabric covered boxes in brown. For only 7.99 each, it's a great price for cute storage boxes. I'm planning to use them in the baby's room- maybe for toys or extra blankets. Right now I'm having fun filling them up with some of the darling girl things I've already received.
These glass votives were the ridiculously cheap find of the day- 12 for only 25 cents. They are just big enough for a tea light. I love the simple design and they come in a little tube perfect to store them in. I bought 12 packs (yes, 144). I still only spent $3.00 on these! Don't worry, I'm going to give these away- plus we will use them for the wedding next week.
I can't believe Eric got the chair and dresser to fit (packing is his gift!). Best of all- I feel this shopping was my patriotic duty! Thank you Mr. Bush!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Woah! REALLY good finds! Is that the ektorp chair? I have a friend who has that and LOVES it. Not to mention I used to have the couches in a furnished flat I lived in and they hold their shape REALLY well. Also- that dresser?! OH my goodness I had that on Christian's wishlist when his room was lighter colors. I have a friend who has that and LOVES that it is so easy to just wipe off (esp if you end up using it as a changing table)! I love it! Ohhhhh I miss Ikea!

Debbie said...

I can't wait to get a house so we have an excuse to go to IKEA. We put an offer in on a house but we haven't heard anything back yet.
Maybe when we find out(next week) what gender the baby is I can start looking at IKEA online.

Unknown said...

I need to make an IKEA run! You like that, need!

Rachel said...

So cute, Sara. What great deals you got! Don't you LOVE to get a great deal on something?! It's thrilling! See you soon! Love you, Rachel